BEFORE STARTING SLICE THE ZUCCHINI IN LONG STRIPS,
LAY ON PAPER TOWELS AND SPRINKLE WITH SALT. LET
SIT 15 MINUTES TO AVOID WATERY LASAGNA
• 1 pound ground chicken
• 1 sweet onion chopped
• 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
• 1⁄4 cup fresh chopped basil
• Salt/pepper to taste
• 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce or homemade sauce
• 1 large egg, lightly beaten
• 1 cup 2% cottage cheese
• 4 medium zucchini (about 1-3/4 pounds)
• 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
• 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1. Preheat oven to 375°. In large skillet, cook and crumble
chicken with onion over medium-high heat until no longer
pink, 5-7 minutes. Stir in seasonings and tomato sauce.
Bring to a boil; simmer, uncovered, 5 minutes. In a bowl,
mix egg and cottage cheese.
2. Trim ends of zucchini; cut lengthwise into 1/4-in.-thick
slices. Toss zucchini with the flour. Layer half the slices in a
greased 13×9-in. baking dish. Top with cottage cheese
mixture and half the meat sauce. Add remaining zucchini;
sprinkle with any remaining flour. Spread with remaining
meat sauce; sprinkle with 1 cup mozzarella cheese.
3. Bake, uncovered, until heated through, about 40 minutes.
If desired, sprinkle with additional cheese. Let stand 10
minutes before serving.