Giving your body a “coming slowly out of quarantine” boost through detoxing
and keeping it simple:
Ok quarantine warriors, this article is all about detoxing your body. Last
month it was a simple start of drinking lots of water with the right
combinations. Our kidneys, liver, skin and urinary tract system expel toxins
from our bodies. Water is the first start to flushing them out and combining the
water with citrus fruits helps flush the liver and kidneys.
That is a great start, but what next? There are so many detox diets out there for
so many organs. Whenever you are detoxing, you must make sure your colon is
working well (bathroom everyday), or the detox really does nothing. There are
juicing detoxes and fasting detoxes and mercury detoxes and on and on. This
article is just a simple detox that gets your body back on track, and a strong
start to a stronger body.
1. If I wrote this article in January, I would feel that I needed to remind
everyone to wash their hands. When detoxing you do not want to put
germs into your body. But now, with our new normal, just typing it
makes me say – Duh? So, first detox rule is a no brainer!
2. No smoking. That is just breathing in toxins.
3. 30 minutes a day of exercise is a must. Remember our skin is one way to
release toxins by sweating.
4. Try to get sound sleep.
5. No eating sugary foods, processed foods, sodas.
6. Eat prebiotic foods. Prebiotic foods are a type of fiber that feed the good
bacteria, or probiotics. (bananas, asparagus, onions, garlic and
7. Drink green tea! And eat super antioxidant foods!
That is all well and good, but I will make it even simpler. As with any change in
diet, check with your doctor before you start. Here is an easy 2-day detox, and
a quick 5-minute boxing work out to make you sweat! (walk the other 25
minutes to get in a 30-minute work out!)
DETOX PLAN FOR 2 DAYS:
RISE AND SHINE!!!
- 1 CUP OF SPINACH
- 1 CELERY CHOPPED
- 1 TEASPOON OF GRATED GINGER
- 1 TABLESPOON OF CHIA SEEDS
- 7 FROZEN RED GRAPES
- 1 SMALL GREEN APPLE CHOPPED
- 1⁄2 CUP OF ALMOND MILK UNSWEETENED OR 1⁄2 CUP GREEK YOGURT
10 SMALL RAW CARROTS
THIS IS FOR DINNER TWO
- 2 BOXES OF CHICKEN BROTH (LOW SODIUM)
- CHOP: 1 ONION, 4 CELERY STALKS, 1 SMALL CAULIFLOWER,1 BUNCH OF BROCCOLIS,
1 ZUCCHINI, 1 BUNCH OF SNOW PEAS, 4 CLOVES OF FRESH CHOPPED GARLIC, 1 BUNCH OF
TOSS ALL VEGETABLES INTO THE BROTH. BRING TO BOIL AND SIMMER 45 MINUTES
GREEN TEA (HOT OR COLD)
1 CELERY STALK CHOPPED INTO 3 PIECES AND PUT A LITTLE PEANUT BUTTER ON ONE OF THE STALKS
THE VEGGIE SOUP AGAIN
LATE NIGHT SNACK
WARM UP A SMALL MUG OF LOW SUGAR CRANBERRY JUICE TO SIP ON
REPEAT THE NEXT DAY
ON THE THIRD DAY STICK WITH PROTEIN AND VEGGIES, NO PROCESSED FOODS.
YOU CAN USE LIGHT WEIGHTS, IF YOUR ARMS GET TIRED, SHAKE THEM OUT AND START BACK UP.
- 1 MINUTE BASIC BOXER PUNCHES – WEIGHTS UP TO YOUR FACE AND PUNCH OUT SLOWLY
- 1 MINUTE DOUBLE BOXER PUNCHES – WEIGHTS UP TO YOUR FACE AND PUNCH TWICE ON
ONSIDE, THEN THE OTHER
- 1 MINUTE UPPER CUTS – ARMS UP TO YOUR FACE, ALTERNATE ARMS AND PRETEND TO BE
SCOOPING ICE CREAM
- 1 MINUTE FAST BOXER PUNCHES – ARMS PUNCHING OUT BUT FASTER
- 1 MINUTE DOUBLE BOXER PUNCHES
- 25 MINUTE WALK